Wednesday 25 February 2009

a fairground life (roofing2)

All the lorry roof on the show has been replaced with new 18mm plywood. It should last longer than the previously used "chipboard". The sheets were attached today in a couple of hours. The only hiccup was when I forgot what I was doing, missed my stepping and put a foot and leg through the thin fibreglass sheeting I was covering. I fell through the roof up to my right thigh. No injuries luckily but it did put another 30 mins on the job while I repaired it with fibre glass patches and resin. The rain came shortly afterward and that was the sign to knock off. If it's dry tomorrow I will get it painted ready to re attach the inflatable top.

2 Comments:

At 26 February 2009 at 09:44 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

contact claims direct lol,was there anyone there to witness the fall. march is fastly coming upon us and lighter nights are coming back when does the season kick off showman.

 
At 1 March 2009 at 16:50 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

not like you, to put your foot in it

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home