Tuesday 21 August 2007

a fairground life

I went back to Irvine today to finish off the DZ. I cleaned all the greasy finger prints off the ride, set the unit & generator on the plot and dug in the main (cable). The paybox roof had been leaking, so I went over the seems with silicone sealer. The funhouse was to open here, but due to a re shuffle of equipment on the fair there was a slip up in measuring the plot and I have had to take it away again. The sickener is that I will drive it all the way back to nearly where it came from, Dunkeld!
This is a large fair, but the terrain is very un even and sloping and means that there are large gaps between some items. The engineer that a lot of showmen use was on site today selling packing (wooden blocks), that's how un even the ground is. The DZ is on a center plot and looks well there. I will take a couple of snaps for the blog. The fair opens on Wednesday night. "r" went to Dunkeld to build up the miami and skydiver. He told me that the ground there was that soft, every time he put the rides on the packing-it sank and he had to re level it again. I have alway said- if you can do away with packing, then you have cracked it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home