Saturday 19 April 2008

a fairground life

It has been a long fortnight and I'm ready for moving to the next gaff. Business has been slow and everyone I have spoken to said the same. I think we are in for a lean summer. I did a little tidying up today in preparation for tomorrow nights pull down. After we closed "r" changed the oil in the new set (generator) as it has clocked up over 1800 hrs since new. I have changed the oil three times now to try and keep it running well. My youngest has been away all week staying with her friends at Kirkcaldy. It is definitely a good social venue for the younger ones. There was a memorial football cup on the first Tuesday with a two Dances afterwards. Showmen just made up "mates" teams and played a knock out tournament. Pleased to say the cup stayed in Scotland this year. There will be another two dances on Sunday, one for the juniors and one for the over 18s. I don't really know why Kirkcaldy is such a social event, maybe because it is so large a fair, maybe cos there is new faces from other sections, perhaps because it is the first major fair of the season, or a combination of all. One thing is for sure-if you are there with no responsibilities, you will have a ball.
Off to Clackmannanshire with the skydiver and show on Sunday night. I hope the dry weather holds as it is a soft park. It makes all the difference when you don't have to be winched onto your plot. There is some tracking laid, but it is impossible to cover the whole park.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home