Tuesday 29 April 2008

a fairground life(what goes around-comes around)

Went to build up the Skydiver and the DZ this afternoon. The sun was splitting the sky as we built up the Miami first. Then we moved onto the DZ. I changed the flag to a Bonnie Scotland one. As we raised the tower the sky darkened and it started to rain. Within a couple of minutes it was torrential and lightning started. I told "r" to leave the tower even though there was only a couple of bolts in it. It was too risky in case of a strike. The forked lightning arced across the heavens. We waited for two hours until the storm passed. Even then it was still raining when we finished the ride off. I had intended to replace the Miami shaft seal as well today, but we were soaked, so at 6pm we called it a day. When I got back to the yard it had dried up. Blakey and Fatso were building an outside kitchen for "old Alf", so I gave them a hand. It was the least I could do as this is the same Alf that put that clutch in for me on New Years morning in 1999 just before I left for Cyprus. So a small part of my debt repaid. As they say-What goes around-Comes around.

As for painting place- it is a quagmire!

1 Comments:

At 29 April 2008 at 22:13 , Blogger showman said...

Information purposes-As a member of the Showmen's Guild there are rules I am obligated to adhere to. It is not possible for a large ride to attend an event in a town when there is another funfair within 2 miles.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home