Friday 5 September 2008

a fairground life(london trip)

so its been a busy week. I got back from Millport on Sunday night. Monday was spent organising flights & accomodation and paper work for my Guild appeal cases on Wednesday ,Thursday. Tuesday I took the ec10 off the DZ and drove it to Dunkeld to put it on the skydiver. That evening after 6pm we took the maimi and skydiver over to the lorry park in Blairgowrie  in readiness for the next fair. I then brought the ec12 back to Glasgow to put onto the DZ.
Wednesday 4:45am and I'm up to catch my 6:30am flight to Heathrow. The HQ of the Showmen's Guild of Great Britain his located in a building known as Guild House in Staines. It was a short taxi trip from the airport, but still cost £32. Any how I spent the next 2 afternoons in there as I went through 14 cases of appeals. Told you I had filled my quota. I did enjoy it though and the appeals committee were excellent in the execution of their job. On the way home I flew from Terminal 5. Impressive yes, but I couldn't help think this terminal was only an excuse to build a shopping centre. If you ever leave from T5 for a holiday you will probably be skint before you take off! Arrived home at 10pm last night, it was an enjoyable experience.
While I've been away "r" has held the fort and built up the two rides at Blair on the street. I'll see him tonight.

2 Comments:

At 6 September 2008 at 15:50 , Blogger jesters said...

Millport looked good, hope it was worth all the hassle of ferry etc,
The dz looked a tight fit, I always wonder if its worth doing venues like that, or parks with tight access, you always have to weigh up the risks of damage to your kit versus potential profits,
I must just be getting lazy as i stick to the easy ones! Hope you made a shilling or two on the way.
Quiet today at indoor pitch, credit crunch or just a bad day? time will tell, Hope all well and reguards to all the usual suspects!

 
At 6 September 2008 at 20:54 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

good evening all jesters hows things going ?, with all this weather warnings the weather in the borders is how can i put it in non abusive english(its pxssing down) has been for 2 days now near enough hows buisness jesters,wheres blakey hiding, where are you just now showman hows the weather up north hope all well cheers borderer.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home