Monday 27 October 2008

a fairground life

Mon

I went to Fodens to order a seal for the rear hub. Since the demise of this British Marque they are now Hino agents. However the stores man was Foden thru and thru and he know exactly what I needed and also knew that there were several kinds for the same lorry! He insisted on a specimen to make sure that he ordered the exact one.

Tue

    spent all day in the house waiting for a plumber to look at the intermitent hot water fault and the roofer to come and investigate my leaking roof. I eventually traced the problem myself with the garden hose!

wed

sadly I was attending a young woman's funeral. What a massive turnout, there was at last 500 people present. I was heart sorry for her young child and husband. You think you have problems until something like this brings you to reality.

Mean while "r" removed the hub and brake shoes from the Foden, then we took them over to Hino's to order the replacements.


Thur

Took the brake shoes from the Foden to get them re-lined. At least I won't have to burn the oil out of them now. Went to auction to buy a van. Got carried away and bought a 52 plate, knacker for pennies. Just got to hope it lasts the winter. Would have walked  away but when they said it had a years MOT I forgot about the engine knock! oops! It is stinking in the cab, I think they kept dogs in it as the steering wheel, gear stick and hand brake are all chewed up! Yes there IS one born every minute. Its a Kangoo, I think the name is missing a "t" in the middle.

Fri

Spent a while getting soft furnishings for the house. The roofer arrived and repaired the leak (I hope).

Saturday

The rain and wind were horrendous all day. We never got opened at all. The dodgem had the tilt and cars removed. We lost the days biz, ouch! On the bright side the roof on the house didn't leak.

Sunday

we did get open and although we didn't get much it was better than nothing.

What a quick week. This week will be the same no doubt.

5 Comments:

At 28 October 2008 at 12:05 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

good day showman it may be my bad memory but was your house not just a new build,if so why does have the leaking wrong correct me if im wrong lol, u got a fair for bonfire night yet. cheers borderer hope all well.

 
At 28 October 2008 at 12:06 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i meant leaking roof lol.

 
At 28 October 2008 at 19:11 , Blogger showman said...

it seems standards ain't what they used to be.

 
At 29 October 2008 at 08:22 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

ah yes tell me about it houses can be threwn up in a matter of weeks nowadays and they charge colosal prices for them, but with all this recession cxxp going on theres no new builds and it hits the building industry maybe they no what its like for other people who lost jobs, anyhow are you enjoying life in the house or is the fair life better. Mr blakey has not been commenting for a while he must be busy, just a last comment during the winter for some income have you ever thot of part time haulage work good money.cheers borderer.

 
At 30 October 2008 at 15:17 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Inspected the renault cant go van on monday night.Thought i'd have a wee seat in the drivers side to see how it felt.I quickly changed my mind as i had reasonably good clothes on.I would think twice about sitting in it with a boiler suit on.Showman recons he gonna get it valeted.I doubt if anyone would touch it without a gas mask.
Ps though i did'nt have to vet this rubbish anymore, so where's the bit about you having to be pushed backwards in your new van cos you could'nt find reverse. I suppose it's hard if a dogs chewed your gear knob.There's one born every minute right enough.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home