Monday 17 September 2007

a fairground life

This week we are back at the shopping center for September weekend. I took the skydiver in first. We set it on the plot but could not do any more as the generator was still on the Dropzone. Straight back to the yard to get the next load.This time I took in the DZ and "m" took in the funhouse. When we arrived on site again we removed the unit from the truck and took it down to power the skydiver. I left "r" and the labourer to erect the ride while I returned for the final load- the miami. By the time I returned "r" had the skydiver 90% completed. So I helped him finish off and then he insisted we erect the miami. I think he wants to do some painting tomorrow, hence the big push today. I must be getting old as I was not that keen. At 5:30pm the ride was finished and we headed back to the yard. The DZ will get done tomorrow. The M8 was chocka again so I headed through the town, it is only 14 miles but it took well over an hour. This is my favourite time of the year, all the gaffs are nearly over and the pressure seems off. We only have one more fair at Stranraer before we settle in for the winter. "r" got his exam results back- congrats to him he has qualified for third year at uni.

4 Comments:

At 18 September 2007 at 00:10 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

well done to r'
does he still want to fly?

 
At 18 September 2007 at 18:10 , Blogger showman said...

no, I think that went south when he started to drive. Anyway I need him to get his hgv class1 not a pilots license!

 
At 18 September 2007 at 21:56 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

seen the DZ load going over the kingston bridge. Very colourful.

 
At 20 September 2007 at 20:21 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

well there is a debate just now about exams being to easy. maybe r has just proved it. debate over.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home