Wednesday 5 September 2007

a fairground life

Since we are not operating at any fair this week I have some free time. So I went and give my father in law a hand to repair the porch on his chalet. It was a simple enough job to remove the double glazed window, 18mm thick plywood panel that was rotten and then replace it all again. Unfortunately I cracked the outer pane of glass on the window! It was when I was trying to free it from the silicone sealer that was surrounding the edges. I wanted him to replace it with a new one but he would not have it.
After a couple of hours the job was done and we even fitted new moulding. The only problem is that cracked pane- not only will it annoy me every time I see it, but I will probably never hear the end of it! S@*t happens.
He had new central heating fitted in the summer time. As a result the old radiators were in his garage. I took them down to the scrapy to get rid of them for him. It was very busy! It seems everyone has cottoned on to the price rise in steel and scrap. Every piece of waste metal or leftovers were being turned into cash. No more leaving the odd bits behind after the job has been done. The price of steel is through the roof just now. I only noticed this as I am planning to put a new frame on the skydiver floor before next season starts. The old one has done 14 years now and the box section is starting to go due to the rain water laying inside it. New plan is to use angle iron. I don't want the hassle or expense of having to galvanise box section.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home