Tuesday 18 September 2007

a fairground life(carbon neutral)

The weather was dull this morning so that put paid to the painting. We built up the Dropzone first and then the funhouse. While the labourer cleaned all the greasy finger prints off the rides, "r" and I did a couple of repair welds on a skydiver handrail, jack prop on the water lasers and the security fence for the funhouse. With my rides spaced out across the Boardwalk area of the mall we have to run extension cables to each ride from the big generator.This added another 20mins work on the day, but it is worth it to save the cost of running two generators. The cost of gasoil has TRIPLED over the last seven years! There will be no going back on the price now. "r" begged me to turn to bio diesel or cooking oil, but I was too lazy to pursue it. No doubt in time we will have to seriously consider it. Of course when everyone turns to that, it will no doubt be taxed to the hilt also. I think I need one of those wind turbines I seen in Cumbria, If I fit a couple of carriages on each blade it could be the worlds first carbon neutral thrill ride!!!!

1 Comments:

At 19 September 2007 at 21:07 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

And here is a pic of your Green machine.

http://i13.tinypic.com/62se4gm.jpg

Regards

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home