Wednesday 3 October 2007

a fairground life





The pictures are to give an idea of the long narrowness of the fair along the sea front. The future plans are to turn this area into a Marina. I wonder what consequences that will hold for the fair???????
Monday
Back down to Stranraer again for 5pm. We are having a good run of weather at the moment for this place. It is not unusual to loose a couple of days here, if not a weekend to bad weather. Nothing much to report other than a poor turnout compared to last year.
Tuesday
Took two trailer tyres to be changed at the tyre services. Ended up only ordering one as they are much cheaper in Glasgow. Then to the motor factors for a gallon of anti-freeze (it is getting that time of year again) for the lorry and set. This time got none as it was £18 plus, compared to £10 in Glasgow! As I left the shop I could here my late fathers voice ringing in my head-“it’s a cheap engine you know”- meaning get it now, rather than tempt fate waiting until I get back to the city, but you can’t help your nature. When money is tight- a pound saved is as good as a pound earned! Now onto the hardware store for 1/2 gallon of paint for under the Miami seats frame. This will be a good job done if I get it painted here. This time the price was comparable with Glasgow. On my way back through the fair I could see numerous showmen doing odd jobs around their equipment. This was the way it was years ago at every fair when no one commuted back and forth from Glasgow. That’s one good thing about Stranraer being so far away – everybody stays here (except for me it seems). So tomorrow I too will be painting away (weather permitting of course).
The local library is just across the road, I popped in on the off chance to see if my temporary membership from last year was still on the system. A few mouse clicks later and I was issued with my IT login password again. So if you are reading this before Friday it is thanks to the library. It was here last year that I searched for the Dropzone ride that I purchased. The rest of the afternoon I spent on the phone organising future events. To be honest there is a bit more going on in my life, but you can only divulge so much on the web, at least only I can.

2 Comments:

At 3 October 2007 at 18:41 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

don't be shy tell us more

 
At 8 October 2007 at 08:54 , Blogger testing123 said...

what the update

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home